Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, bouillon, garlic, pepper and pineapple juice mixture until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet; cook and stir pork and green pepper for 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and green pepper is crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to the skillet with pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork
"Excellent and easy to make. Might have been a little too salty, so I would maybe try with low sodium soy sauce next time."
"This is very similar to my recipe. I tried it today and found it to be delicious. Thank you."
"I made this the other day, it was excellent, easy and very tasty!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer