Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, honey, bouillon, garlic, pepper and pineapple juice mixture until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet; cook and stir pork and green pepper for 6-8 minutes or until pork is no longer pink and green pepper is crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir pineapple juice mixture; add to the skillet with pineapple. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1061mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Sweet and Sour Pork
"Excellent and easy to make. Might have been a little too salty, so I would maybe try with low sodium soy sauce next time."
"This is very similar to my recipe. I tried it today and found it to be delicious. Thank you."
"I made this the other day, it was excellent, easy and very tasty!"