Tangy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 batch of 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- 2. Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Add the pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- 3. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (5 each) equals 449 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.