Tangy Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
Our Test Kitchen staff created this mouthwatering side dish that comes together quickly in the microwave. A sweet and tangy glaze complements the crisp peas and onion in this made-in-moments recipe.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the peas, onion and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and cook on high for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring twice; drain. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and pepper; stir in the vinegar and remaining water until smooth. Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until thickened, stirring once. Add to pea mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4-cup serving equals 75 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC