Tangy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop pepper tops; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook whole peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and chopped peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce, water and remaining Worcestershire sauce; drizzle over peppers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 359 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1039mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Stuffed Peppers
"This is a delicious way to enjoy sweet bell peppers. It was the second time I made these so I tried something a little different. I substituted a can of condensed tomato soup for the tomato sauce. I omitted the water but added the worcestershire sauce to the soup as directed. This tastes fantastic both ways! We loved it!"
"Best ever--not too spicy or peppery--the whole family loved them!"
"These were exceelent! My husband and I both thought they were delicious and will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe!"