Tangy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
My parents were farmers, so I’ve always liked to cook with fresh vegetables. This recipe represents our part of the country, since both green peppers and rice are grown here. It’s one of my family’s favorites…the Worcestershire sauce is what makes the filling tangy.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop pepper tops; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook whole peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and chopped peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- 3. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce, water and remaining Worcestershire sauce; drizzle over peppers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Stuffed Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC