- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop pepper tops; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook whole peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and chopped peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce, water and remaining Worcestershire sauce; drizzle over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Stuffed Peppers in Country Extra September 2006, p49
Reviews for Tangy Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
"Best ever--not too spicy or peppery--the whole family loved them!"
Reviewed May. 1, 2009
"These were exceelent! My husband and I both thought they were delicious and will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe!"