Tangy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
My parents were farmers, so I’ve always liked to cook with fresh vegetables. This recipe represents our part of the country, since both green peppers and rice are grown here. It’s one of my family’s favorites…the Worcestershire sauce is what makes the filling tangy.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Finely chop pepper tops; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook whole peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and chopped peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Parmesan cheese, 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce and salt. Spoon into peppers.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine the tomato sauce, water and remaining Worcestershire sauce; drizzle over peppers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Stuffed Peppers in Country Extra September 2006, p49
Reviews for Tangy Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2011
"Best ever--not too spicy or peppery--the whole family loved them!"
Reviewed May. 1, 2009
"These were exceelent! My husband and I both thought they were delicious and will definitely make again. Thank you for the recipe!"