Tangy Strawberry Slush Recipe
When temperatures rise, cool things down with this ice-cold fruity slush. Keep some in the freezer for when guests pop in on a sultry evening.Laura Reigel, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- 9 cups water, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 individual tea bags
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 6-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring 7 cups water and sugar to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Cool. Transfer sugar and tea mixtures to a 4-qt. freezer container.
- In a blender, combine the strawberries, cranberry juice and juice concentrates. Cover and process until pureed. Stir into freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, combine 1/2 cup strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 26 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Tangy Strawberry Slush in Country Woman June/July 2012, p34
Reviews for Tangy Strawberry Slush(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Juice Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Beverage Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >