Tangy Strawberry Punch
A super summertime drink, this punch is tart and sweet. I like to serve it at showers, parties and other occasions. Kids really like it, too.Shirley Hughes, Gadsden, Alabama
35-40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cans (46 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 quarts water
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 envelopes (.19 ounce each) unsweetened strawberry lemonade soft drink mix
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, optional
- In a large container, combine the pineapple juice, water, sugar and
- drink mix. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 1-2 hours before serving. Stir in the ginger
- ale and crushed pineapple if desired. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 35-40 servings (about 7-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.