Tangy Sirloin Strips Recipe
My love of cooking started when I was trying to earn my Girl Scout cooking badge. My family savors the sweet sauce on these skewers. —Joanne Haldeman, Bainbridge, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 4 bacon strips
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut steak into four wide strips; add to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight, turning once.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill steak, covered, over medium-low heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°)
- 4. Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over steaks. Grill until glaze is heated. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC