- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until
- slightly thickened. Keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread shrimp and vegetables. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting
- occasionally with remaining tomato sauce mixture. Drizzle kabobs
- with warm sauce. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 kabobs with about 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice) equals 194 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.