Tangy Shrimp and Scallops
"Shrimp and scallops together make this a special dish for company," says Raleigh, North Carolina's Lauren Llewellyn. "I serve these appealing kabobs over pasta with a green salad and garlic bread."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 28 uncooked large shrimp (1-1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- 28 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place shrimp and scallops in a large resealable plastic bag; set
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice,
- Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Microwave at 50%
- power for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir to blend; set
- aside 1/3 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp ans
- scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning
- Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread shrimp and scallops on
- metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning once and basting with
- reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a