Tangy Round Steak Strips Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 envelope beef stroganoff sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in salad dressing until meat is no longer pink. Combine sauce mix and water until blended; stir into beef mixture. Stir in the mushrooms; celery and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Round Steak Strips
"I have made this recipe numerous times now and it's simple to die for. I use fresh mushrooms instead of a can of mushrooms and 3 stalks of celery instead of just one, other wise you don't even taste the celery. But thank you for this recipe, my family simply loves it."
"Definitely a keeper! My husband does not like mushrooms, so I just added extra celery.~ Theresa"
"This is an awesome recipe! I also added a small can of chilies with jalepeno:)"
"My DH told me to put this recipe in the keeper box. He made it for himself and his fishing buddies on a recent trip in our camper/trailer. They all said it's delicious. I'm going to insist that DH make it at home so I can try it!"
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.