Tangy Round Steak Strips Recipe
I like to fix this dish for a party or a buffet dinner. It adapts easily for any number and makes a delicious entree served over hot egg noodles. -Kathleen Roberts, St. Augustine, Florida
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 envelope beef stroganoff sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef and onion in salad dressing until meat is no longer pink. Combine sauce mix and water until blended; stir into beef mixture. Stir in the mushrooms; celery and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC