Tangy Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
From Juneau, Wisconsin, Amy Krause writes, “Everyone enjoys these sandwiches. The filling can be assembled early in the day to cook until dinnertime or party time.”
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place the roast in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; add water. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; set aside 1/3 cup cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter. Stir in the ketchup, lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and reserved cooking juices. Add to slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Serve on buns. Yield: 3 servings.
1 sandwich equals 557 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 38 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC