- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 sandwich buns, split
- Place the roast in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; add water. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; set aside 1/3 cup cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter. Stir in the ketchup, lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and reserved cooking juices. Add to slow cooker. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through and flavors are blended. Serve on buns. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Roast Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
I tried to print one of your recipes. The print was so big and the line spacing was terrible--one word on a line and then a new line. I'd like to print these recipes so that they fit on a 4 X 6 card or piece of paper. I really enjoy looking at your recipes and trying new recipes. I am going to try the cheese soup one today. Your format is new and it probably needs some work on it. You do do a good job though!