Tangy Ribs and Onions
We raised hogs on our farm when I was a child. This recipe was a favorite then...and it still is today.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours
- 4 pounds spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the ribs in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Top with onions. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes;
- drain. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (16 ounces) equals 940 calories, 64 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 255 mg cholesterol, 1,590 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 63 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.