Tangy Rhubarb Fool
I came up with this recipe because I love mousse, and because it’s an easy way to enjoy rhubarb in a dessert that’s light and refreshing.—Alan Mortensen, Dwight, Illinois
5 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth; place over a bowl.
- Add yogurt to strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar, water,
- vinegar and salt; cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until
- sugar is dissolved and rhubarb is tender. Transfer to a bowl; cover
- and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla
- and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Transfer yogurt
- from cheesecloth to a bowl (discard liquid from first bowl).
- Gradually fold cream mixture into yogurt.
- Fold into rhubarb mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 5 servings.