Tangy Potato Salad with Radishes Recipe
- 4 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Immediately sprinkle with 3 tablespoons vinegar; cool.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, radishes and chives. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, dill, salt, pepper and remaining vinegar. Pour over potato mixture and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 227 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Tangy Potato Salad with Radishes
"I found it deliciously ironic that this recipe, submitted by not only a fellow Canadian but a fellow Saskatchewan resident, was featured in the July 4th chapter of the newest print edition of Taste of Home.Aside from that, I had to, through necessity only, make three changes for my July 1 - Canada Day - presentation...My boyfriend doesn't like radishes so I left those out.I didn't have enough fresh chives so I used dehydrated using 1/3 of the amount and mixing it into the dressing rather than the potato and egg mixture;I didn't have white wine vinegar and rather than mess it up with a substitution, I left it out entirely.Not only was the dressing DELICIOUS without the vinegar, it was thin enough for dressing AND thick enough for a dip for veggies. NUMMERS!!!!!So take note! This is an awesome recipe with my minor changes if you need a recipe for veggie dip that consists pretty much of shelf/pantry items. As a potato salad it's amazing!Peggy from Strasbourg, Saskatchewan, you have submitted a WINNER!~Lynda from St. Walburg, 3 hours north of Saskatoon. ;)"