Tangy Potato Salad with Radishes Recipe
Summer's approach makes my family think of potato salad. This tangy side is also great in the winter when it's served hot with cubed ham. —Peggy Gwillim, Strasbourg, Saskatchewan
- 4 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tablespoons plus 2/3 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Immediately sprinkle with 3 tablespoons vinegar; cool.
- 2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add the eggs, radishes and chives. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, dill, salt, pepper and remaining vinegar. Pour over potato mixture and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 13 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC