Ruth Towle of Belmont, New Hampshire downsized her own recipe to come up with this creamy picnic favorite that serves just two. "My sister visits often and this is one of our favorite dishes, served with green beans and chicken," Ruth relates.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Sprinkle with vinegar.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cube and place in a small bowl. Add the red pepper, peas, cucumber and onion; toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Potato Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 33
Reviews for Tangy Potato Salad for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review