Tangy Potato Cubes Recipe
A large collection of cookbooks is handy for reference, but I never follow a recipe exactly. I have more fun modifying them to suit my tastes.—Dave Fisher, Ten Mile, Tennessee
- 7 medium potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 7 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; peel and cut into cubes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onions in the drippings until tender. Add the potatoes, bacon, broth, vinegar and seasonings; stir gently. Cover and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 160 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Potato Cubes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC