VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 medium potatoes (about 2-3/4 pounds)
- 7 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; peel and cut into cubes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onions in the drippings until tender. Add the potatoes, bacon, broth, vinegar and seasonings; stir gently. Cover and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Potato Cubes in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p47