- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/3 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; rub with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables. Combine salad dressing and wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pot Roast
"It was ok. Not fabulous. I'm not sure I'll ever make it again."
"Very good and easy. So nice to prepare this recipe for Sunday dinner, and just sit back with a glass of wine and relax until dinner time. I was a little afraid of how it would come out, but it was fine - not too tomatoey. Since I lacked the time called for in the recipe, I cooked it on high for 4 1/2 hours and it came out great. Thickening the gravy is a good idea, and I will do that next time. Simple, good recipes like this one are the reason I subscribe to Taste of Home!"
"This was good. The tang didn't really come thru, but it was still good. Nothing remarkable."
"I substituted a large jar of Brown Gravy for the Wine & it was excellent."
"Not too sweet, not too tangy, but wow, who needs butter on those potatoes!? The carrots were amazing! I am sharing this on my FB page!"