Tangy Pot Roast
This super tender pot roast gets its special flavor from zippy Catalina dressing. Made in a slow cooker, it takes the edge off a busy day. —Paula Beach, Milton, New York
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/3 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut
- roast in half; rub with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables.
- Combine salad dressing and wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat
- from cooking juices; thicken juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked beef with 2/3 cup vegetables and 1/3 cup cooking juices equals 572 calories, 28 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.