This super tender pot roast gets its special flavor from zippy Catalina dressing. Made in a slow cooker, it takes the edge off a busy day. —Paula Beach, Milton, New York
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/3 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; rub with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables. Combine salad dressing and wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Pot Roast in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pot Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review