- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/3 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; rub with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables. Combine salad dressing and wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pot Roast
Sort By :
"It was ok. Not fabulous. I'm not sure I'll ever make it again."
"Very good and easy. So nice to prepare this recipe for Sunday dinner, and just sit back with a glass of wine and relax until dinner time. I was a little afraid of how it would come out, but it was fine - not too tomatoey. Since I lacked the time called for in the recipe, I cooked it on high for 4 1/2 hours and it came out great. Thickening the gravy is a good idea, and I will do that next time. Simple, good recipes like this one are the reason I subscribe to Taste of Home!"
"This was good. The tang didn't really come thru, but it was still good. Nothing remarkable."
"I substituted a large jar of Brown Gravy for the Wine & it was excellent."
"Not too sweet, not too tangy, but wow, who needs butter on those potatoes!? The carrots were amazing! I am sharing this on my FB page!"