Tangy Pot Roast Recipe
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-1/3 cups thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 2/3 cup sliced onion
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; rub with salt and pepper. Place over vegetables. Combine salad dressing and wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Skim fat from cooking juices; thicken juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pot Roast(5)
Sort By :
This was good. The tang didn't really come thru, but it was still good. Nothing remarkable.
I substituted a large jar of Brown Gravy for the Wine & it was excellent.
Not too sweet, not too tangy, but wow, who needs butter on those potatoes!? The carrots were amazing! I am sharing this on my FB page!
My boyfriend loves this!
Trying this recipe is part of my month of slow cooking, in response to high power bills! Also I am never sure when my husband will be home and its hard to plan dinners that way. So we would end up eating junk or take out. This way he can eat when he gets home and its not ruined. This was a tasty dish, I did make extra sauce at the end of the cook time but it was great. More sweet than tangy , you couldn't taste the wine like in similar recipes I've tried. So you may want to adjust the ingredients to your liking. I would use more wine next time and maybe some broth too. I don't like cooked carrots but ate them up in this sauce!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >