Lemon and a hint of cayenne flavor the sauce in these tasty pork sandwiches. "They're so warm and satisfying on a cool day," comments Glennis Stuart Liles of Greenup, Kentucky.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced fully cooked pork
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add the pork; simmer just until heated through, stirring frequently. Divide meat among buns; top each with 1 tablespoon sauce. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Pork Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p52
Reviews for Tangy Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review