Yuletide buffet "grazers" stampede for these meatballs! The mouthwatering morsels go so fast, I often make several batches at once. Barbecue sauce adds a nice bite to the mildly seasoned ground pork.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs. Serve in a 5-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tangy Pork Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p33
Reviews for Tangy Pork Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2012
"I stumbled across this recipe in my Christmas cookbook. I had all the ingredients and made this for a party at home. Wow. Wow. Very good and very easy. TIP: Cook meatballs completely if you're transferring them to a crock pot."