Tangy Pork Meatballs
Yuletide buffet "grazers" stampede for these meatballs! The mouthwatering morsels go so fast, I often make several batches at once. Barbecue sauce adds a nice bite to the mildly seasoned ground pork.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, onion and salt.
- Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°;
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs.
- Serve in a 5-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium,