Tangy Pork Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs. Serve in a 5-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Pork Meatballs
"I stumbled across this recipe in my Christmas cookbook. I had all the ingredients and made this for a party at home. Wow. Wow. Very good and very easy. TIP: Cook meatballs completely if you're transferring them to a crock pot."