Yuletide buffet "grazers" stampede for these meatballs! The mouthwatering morsels go so fast, I often make several batches at once. Barbecue sauce adds a nice bite to the mildly seasoned ground pork.—Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, onion and salt. Crumble pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add meatballs. Serve in a 5-qt. slow cooker or chafing dish. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Tangy Pork Meatballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p33
Reviews for Tangy Pork Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2012
"I stumbled across this recipe in my Christmas cookbook. I had all the ingredients and made this for a party at home. Wow. Wow. Very good and very easy. TIP: Cook meatballs completely if you're transferring them to a crock pot."