Tangy Pork Loin Roast Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated grapefruit peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- GRAVY (not shown):
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- Combine garlic powder, mustard, marjoram and salt; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Remove from the oven; drain. Combine grapefruit juice, brown sugar, grapefruit peel and mace; pour half over roast. Bake 30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally with remaining juice mixture. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Stir drippings in pan to loosen brown bits; pour into a measuring cup. Skim off fat; reserve 2 tablespoons drippings. Add enough cold water to remaining drippings to measure 2 cups; set aside. Place flour in a saucepan; stir in reserved drippings until blended. Gradually stir in reserved liquid until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add grapefruit. Serve with the roast. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Pork Loin Roast(3)
Sort By :
Also made with OJ. DELICIOUS. Best pork roast I've ever had.
Yummy! I made this with orange juice instead of grapefruit because I had it on hand. Will definitely make this again. Delicious!
We LOVED this pork roast! It is soemthing out of the ordinary and not too sweet like some recipes can be. Don't leave out the mace; it makes a noticable difference. I did not add the grapefruit pieces to the gravy, but did garnish the plate with greenery and pink grapefruit sections. Be sure not to overcook. 1 1-2 hours was too long for the size roast I used. Use a meat thermometer to get it just right. This will definitely become a regular at our house!