Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with salt if desired and pepper. Add the onions, celery, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tangy Pork Chops
Sort By :
Great recipe!! I'm going to try this with Chicken next time.
Good stuff! Made the sauce with less onion, used all I had, which was actually just a shallot. Left out the pepper, don't like when they get so soggy. Use a homemade ketchup (with no corn syrup) and put in a little red pepper flakes. Used a pork loin. This was really good!
Family loved it! Followed exactly except used boneless pork chops and reduced cooking time
I have made this recipe for many years and it has become my husband's and my favorite pork meal. I have substituted pork steaks for the pork chops. The sauce is so delicious. We serve our meal over mashed potatoes. This is a main stay at our home.
I used a pork roast instead of chops and served with brown rice. I would use more veggies next time. Delicious!