- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with pepper. Add the onions, celery, green pepper and tomatoes. Combine the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and bouillon; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pork Chops
"Make them all the time,we loved them"
"The pork chops turned out pretty tough, but it was really good."
"We won't be making this one again. The pork chops were still somewhat tough after cooking for the allotted time. The flavors weren't interesting enough either. My husband and I agreed that this was not a keeper."
"I didn't have the veggies on hand, so I just mixed and used the sauce. My kids (8 and 4 -- both picky eaters) absolutely LOVED it. First time in ages both of them have cleaned their plates."
"I decided to try this as I wanted to make pork chops differently than we are used to. My family kept saying the smell was awesome! We were all surprised at how tender the pork chops were. We didnt even need a knife! The taste was even better than it smelled. This is a definite keeper!!"