Tangy Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice. Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Stir cornstarch mixture. Gradually add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 351 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Pineapple Chicken
"My husband and I really enjoyed this delicious chicken! The recipe was easy to prepare and something I'll definitely make again. I did use pineapple chunks instead of sliced, but it still made a nice presentation."
"Very tasty super easy. I used fresh pineapple and pineapple juice."
"Delicious! And easy! That's an A+ in my book!"
"This was easy and tasty. Everyone in my family enjoyed it. It will become one of my last minute standbys."
"The whole family loved it! Very tasty."
"Made this....we loved it.....now in my file of favorites!"
"wonderful recipe! subbed fresh pineapple & a 6 oz. can of juice for canned pineapple. Added peppers, green onions, and served over saffron rice. Its a keeper."
"I didn't have Dijon mustard and substituted a smaller amount of honey mustard, and it still turned out good! A nice change of pace from the savory chicken I usually make."
"This recipe is AMAZING! The honey and pineapple compliment each other well; I am always being asked for the recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.