- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice. Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture. Gradually add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tangy Pineapple Chicken
"My husband and I really enjoyed this delicious chicken! The recipe was easy to prepare and something I'll definitely make again. I did use pineapple chunks instead of sliced, but it still made a nice presentation."
"Very tasty super easy. I used fresh pineapple and pineapple juice."
"Delicious! And easy! That's an A+ in my book!"
"This was easy and tasty. Everyone in my family enjoyed it. It will become one of my last minute standbys."
"The whole family loved it! Very tasty."