- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple rings in half and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth; set aside. Combine the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice. Add to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir cornstarch mixture. Gradually add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to pan. Top with pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tangy Pineapple Chicken
Sort By :
This was easy and tasty. Everyone in my family enjoyed it. It will become one of my last minute standbys.
The whole family loved it! Very tasty.
Made this....we loved it.....now in my file of favorites!
wonderful recipe! subbed fresh pineapple & a 6 oz. can of juice for canned pineapple. Added peppers, green onions, and served over saffron rice. Its a keeper.
I didn't have Dijon mustard and substituted a smaller amount of honey mustard, and it still turned out good! A nice change of pace from the savory chicken I usually make.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >