Tangy Pickled Mushrooms Recipe
Home-canned pickled mushrooms are a great addition to your pantry. They’re ideal for cocktails, appetizers, salads and relish trays.—Jill Hihn, Mother Earth Organic Mushrooms, West Grove, Pennsylvania
- 5 pounds small fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canning salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1. Place all ingredients in a stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Carefully ladle hot mixture into eight hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace.
- 2. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. Place jars into canner, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil. Process for 20 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 pints.
1/4 cup equals 18 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Tangy Pickled Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC