Tangy Peas and Cauliflower
"My family loves vegetables, so I'm always looking for new and different ways to fix them," remarks Marie Hoyer of Hodgenville, Kentucky. This pretty side dish gets it pleasant tangy flavor from creamy yogurt.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring
- to a boil; cook for 6-8 minutes. Add peas; cook 2-4 minutes longer
- or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving equals 70 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.