Tangy Peas and Cauliflower Recipe
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; cook for 6-8 minutes. Add peas; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving equals 70 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.