Tangy Peas and Cauliflower Recipe
"My family loves vegetables, so I'm always looking for new and different ways to fix them," remarks Marie Hoyer of Hodgenville, Kentucky. This pretty side dish gets it pleasant tangy flavor from creamy yogurt.
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Place cauliflower in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Bring to a boil; cook for 6-8 minutes. Add peas; cook 2-4 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1/2 cup: 70 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Tangy Peas and Cauliflower
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC