Tangy Pasta 'n' Peas Recipe
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during the last 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce the heat. Stir in the sour cream, wine or broth, pimientos and mustard; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta and peas; add to sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 179 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Tangy Pasta 'n' Peas
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.