- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler. Mix first eight ingredients until blended.
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. Place tilapia in pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes per side. Spread cheese mixture over fillets. Broil until topping is golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 1-2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Parmesan Tilapia
"My husband is a picky eater and up until I found this recipe, he has never liked any fish recipes that didn't require deep frying. This recipe is one of our absolute favorites!"
"Really good and simple enough that my husband was able to make it by himself:) Yummy!"
"<p>I was surprised at how tasty this was and how much my mayonnaise haters (they didn't know) loved it. Used lemon juice instead of lime and we are on a low-sodium diet so I used unsalted butter, omitted the salt and added more pepper...this worked great.</p>"
"Perfect dish. Made it just as recipe called for."
"This is probably the BEST tilapia I have ever had! I was out of lime juice and substituted Lemon juice and it's absolutely STILL amazing! LOVE IT. So easy it's embarrassing, yet doesn't taste simple! Kudos!"
"This was a really delicious sauce, everyone loved it! Will be making again."
"Easy and tasty recipe. I did not put in the butter because I saw no reason for it. It tasted great without it and the topping was probably thicker without it. I also didn't bother with the foil. I just sprayed my broiler pan with non-stick spray. Easy clean up and I didn't waste any foil. I will definitely be making this again."
"Easy, quick, delicious. A keeper!"
"This fish was so tasty! My kids ages 2 and 5 gobbled it up! Will be making this again!"
"This turned out so awesome! The sauce was amazing and I will definetly be making it again!"