Tangy Parmesan Tilapia
Lime juice perks up this delicious and good-for-you dish Deborah Purdue sent from her kitchen in Westland, Michigan. She writes, “I was looking for a fish coating that didn't have bread crumbs or flour when I came across this one.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash onion powder
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Line
- a broiler pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray. Place
- fillets in prepared pan; sprinkle with salt.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. Spread 1
- tablespoon cheese mixture over the top of each fillet; broil 1-2
- minutes longer or until topping is golden and fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 179 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.