Tangy Mushroom Spinach Salad Recipe
The tangy dressing I always pour on this salad can be mixed ahead of time. It's best if you wait to drizzle it on the salad until the very last minute.—Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced red or sweet onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 138 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC