Tangy Mini Meat Loaves
IT'S FUN to make miniature meat loaves instead of one big loaf...and they cook up quickly in a skillet rather than in the oven.
The unique combination of flavors gives the ground beef zip. This recipe is one of my old standbys for a speedy supper.
-Paula Martin, Paxinos, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- Shape beef into four small loaves, 1/4 to 1/2 in. thick. Cook in a
- skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- no longer pink. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings; saute onion in drippings until
- tender. Add corn syrup, steak sauce and mustard; bring to a boil.
- Pour over meat loaves and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 375 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 603 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.