Tangy Meatballs Over Noodles Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger and cloves; pour over meatballs. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with meatballs. Yield: 8 servings (40 meatballs).
Reviews for Tangy Meatballs Over Noodles
Sort By :
"This was WONDERFUL! To save on food prep time, I bought pre-made frozen meatballs and heated them in the crockpot. To save on cost, I bought 2 pkgs of brown gravy mix which made 4 cups. This saves money versus buying jars of pre-made gravy. And it was so good!"
"My family loves this recipe. It's become a mainstay in my recipe box. i cheat though and use packaged meatballs to make it even easier."
"My family really enjoyed the meatballs themselves. The sauce, however, wasn't such a big hit. I was out of cider vinegar so I substituted a little regular vinegar and a little apple juice. Perhaps that is what caused the sauce to be overly sweet.So I'm definitely keeping this recipe for the meatballs, but I'm not sure I'll be making this sauce again."