Tangy Mashed Potatoes
Enjoy a holiday "must have," guilt free. Green onions perk up mashed potatoes, while plain yogurt adds to their creaminess. These will be a hit! —Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
13 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 12 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 4 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes; mash with yogurt, onions, butter, salt and pepper.
- Yield: 13 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 114 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 starch.