Tangy Marinated Shrimp
"I like the fact that I can make this colorful unusual appetizer ahead of time," writes Pat Waymire, a field editor from Yellow Springs, Ohio. "I'm always on the lookout for new and different appetizers--and this one fills the bill."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- Place shrimp in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of
- water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink. Cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, honey, pepper
- sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in the onions, olives
- with juice and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or
- overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.