"I like the fact that I can make this colorful unusual appetizer ahead of time," writes Pat Waymire, a field editor from Yellow Springs, Ohio. "I'm always on the lookout for new and different appetizers--and this one fills the bill."
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, undrained
- Place shrimp in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, honey, pepper sauce, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in the onions, olives with juice and shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Marinated Shrimp in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p10
Reviews for Tangy Marinated Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review