Tangy Marinated Mushrooms
Pennsylvania is known for its mushrooms. In the region where I live, mushrooms are used prominently in many recipes.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinegar, water, bay
- leaves, sugar, salt and garlic. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil; boil
- for 2 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl; cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Discard bay leaves before
- serving. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 25 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.