Tangy Lemon-Nut Tart
I like to top wedges of this tasty tart with whipped cream or ice cream. Get ready to hand out copies of the recipe!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an 11-in.
- fluted tart pan with a removable bottom with points toward the
- center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form
- a crust; seal perforations. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, lemon juice
- and peel until blended. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Pour over hot crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 364 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.