Tangy Lemon Gelatin
For years, I didn't know the secret ingredient in my mother's jello which made it so tangy. I finally found it after thumbing through her personal cookbook: Horseradish!—Paula Pelis Marchesi, New York, New York
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin or lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade
- concentrate and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate until partially
- set, about 1 hour. Stir in whipped topping and marmalade. Coat a
- 2-qt. ring mold with cooking spray; add gelatin mixture. Chill for
- at least 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert onto a
- serving platter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.