Tangy Lemon Gelatin Recipe
For years, I didn't know the secret ingredient in my mother's jello which made it so tangy. I finally found it after thumbing through her personal cookbook: Horseradish!Paula Pelis Marchesi, New York, New York
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin or lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in lemonade concentrate and horseradish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Stir in whipped topping and marmalade. Coat a 2-qt. ring mold with cooking spray; add gelatin mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Lemon Gelatin in Birds & Blooms October/November 2001, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tangy Lemon Gelatin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review