Tangy Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 55 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and peel. Refrigerate cheesecake and sauce overnight. Serve sauce over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 349 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
"i love anything with lemon and who does't love cheesecake. this recipe is a true winner for both. i plan to serve at the next pot luck at work. i know that i will be asked for the recipe."
"My son convinced me to make it for a family gathering. I thought it sounded good. It was delicious and a big hit!"
"Love this recipe! We make it every year for family gatherings."
"My mouth is watering now. Thischeesecake sounds absolutley delicious. It is a must try.Sue in Chilliwack, BC"